Food Technologist - Essential Flavours, Melbourne Location
- Are you a Food Technologist with a passion
for flavour, flavour application and creating and promoting innovative
- Are you a dynamic and innovative operator
who proactively researches trends and new developments and incorporates new
thinking into delivering to customer needs?
If you have the right skills, collaborative
style, innovative thinking, self-starter approach and passion, then this
dynamic role could be perfect for you!
WHO WE ARE
We are an Australian-owned flavour house,
with operations in both Australia and Vietnam. Established in 1989 as a
family-owned business, Essential is now into the second generation of Nielsen
management and continues to cherish the family values entrenched by the founder
John. Located in Carrum Downs, Victoria, our facility is purpose-built to our
requirements and to further expand our capabilities in local and international
Our business continues to strengthen and
grow after 30 years with our focus on partnering with our clients to develop
new, unique, and ever-evolving flavours and product solutions. Picture the time
when you were a child, savouring the tastes that came with eating your
favourite food. These recollections are what drives us to be part of creating
WHY WORK FOR US?
We are passionate about what we do and are
guided by our core values:
We are our community
We put the WOW into the mix
We are trusted to create
We think beyond our borders
We are solution focused
We share the love
We have a strong sense of team and a
supportive, friendly environment. We work hard so that we can deliver the best
products and service for our customers, and we also make time to celebrate our
achievements and share our successes.
Our story still has many pages to be
written and we are now seeking a Food Technologist to be an integral part of
the Sales & Sensory team driving business growth through the execution of
both reactive and proactive product development.
You will be.
- Taking the lead on application projects,
involving developing products, flavour concepts and solutions to deliver on Essential’s
key customers’ requirements.
- Project managing application projects end
to end, which includes coordinating internally to optimise proposals and
submissions and coordinating externally by communicating with customers on key
- Providing technical support to both
internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Visiting key clients with our Business
Development Managers to present and taste project submissions and present key
- Working collaboratively with Sales and
Flavour Creation Teams to deliver optimum flavour solutions on application
- Working dynamically and collaboratively
with Sales & Marketing teams to deliver on Essential’s proactive marketing and
presentation goals by initiating and developing on trend flavours and product
- Actively researching new applications and
the use of new and novel ingredients that will support and inspire our highly
innovative client base.
- Undertaking continuous improvement of
Flavour Application laboratory, processes, and capabilities.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be a perfect fit for this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science, Food
Technology and/or Nutrition or other related qualification required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in product
development or a similar role.
- Culinary experience in the sweet flavours
and products would be highly regarded.
- Technical knowledge in food science and
- Technical training and accreditations –
HACCP & knowledge of SQF
- Skills in product development, flavour
delivery and flavour applications
- Passionate about food, trends, and insights
- Knowledge of Mintel, Innova and other
industry related resources.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and
- Positive attitude towards work and
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Dynamic and adaptable in relation to
changing trends and clients’ needs
- Willingness to work effectively in
different and changing environments
- Clear, professional, and articulate
- High problem-solving skills
- Computer savvy – able to navigate new
systems, Microsoft office etc.
- Take and show Initiative
- Drivers licence
- Ability to travel intrastate, interstate
and occasionally overseas
To find out more about us, please visit our
If this sounds like the job for you, apply
for this job and include a CV and a cover letter.
This advertisement will expire by 22